Skip to content

Foreclosure Help

There are many federal programs in place to help home owners faced with foreclosure, an issue that has been at the forefront of the housing crisis in this decade.

Information about these resources can be found all in one place on the government's Homeowner Help page.

First, download the Mortgage Assistance Guide from the federal Department of Housing and Urban Development.

If you are confused about what to do and you can't get help from your mortgage servicer (the company that you make the payments to), you can talk to a housing counselor by visiting or calling 888-995-HOPE (4673).

These counselors, who are part of a HUD-approved program, have the training and background necessary to help you understand your choices and what steps you can take to keep your home.

Please note borrowers should never have to pay anyone to help them file their claim. Eligible families can receive free assistance by contacting a HUD-approved housing counselor.

More Resources

Are you worried about how you will make your next mortgage payment? The government's Home Affordable Modification Program, also known as HAMP, is designed to help home owners who are in default or in danger of defaulting on their mortgages.

ce introduction text here.

Related links and Articles